Our studios are a blend of the old and the new – a return to the community schoolhouses that built America – with the best of modern technology and 21st century organizational design.
In a tightly knit community bound by shared mission, promises and accountability, young people develop deep friendships and the skills to keep them for the long run.
Montessori Pre-K Ages 3-6
The goal of the Spark Studio is to ignite a passion for learning and independence in young children. We combine tried-and-true Montessori methods with elements of Acton's innovative learning design to spark an intrinsic love of learning and help young people become independent and self-sufficient. The objectives of the Spark Studio are:
- Spark the love of learning
- Be curious and explore the natural world
- Learn to work independently and to cooperate with others
- Build the foundations of reading, writing, math, the arts, and independent learning
Montessori Lower Elementary Ages 6-9
The goal of Adventure Studio is to discover the wonders of the natural world, and explore human ingenuity. This studio uses tried-and-true Montessori methods, and adds even more elements of the Acton learning design to equip young people to become even more independent and self-sufficient in their learning journey. The objectives of the Adventure Studio are:
- Create a solid foundation of math, reading, writing, the arts, and history.
- Become a curious, independent, learner
- Collaborate and work in groups on hands-on projects
- Ask great questions and set great goals.
Upper Elementary Ages 9-12
The goal of the Discovery Studio is for learners to discover and develop individual talents, abilities, and passions. Discovery Studio is where Acton's learning design shines brightest as learners become fully independent and self-sufficient. The objectives of the Discovery Studio are:
- Take over the reins of studio governance as guides hand over systems and processes to the learners.
- Set and achieve challenging short and long-term goals
- Apply core skills like math, reading, writing to real-world learning on real-world projects that matter to learners
- Work hard, have fun, and develop a strong intrinsic love of learning.