On your mark...Get set...GO!
Many lessons can be learned during a Pinewood Derby. Some of these lessons include the following:
- It’s important to be a good loser – and a good winner
- Take pride in a job well done
- Success today, does not mean success tomorrow.
- Do your research
- Time management is critical
- Helping someone else's project makes the competition better
The independence and other skills gained from those Pinewood Derby lessons help create a stronger person. The Pinewood Derby isn't about the trophy in the end. It's about creating a person who takes pride in his/her work and can do the work he/she needs going forward, whether in school or at work one day.
By the end of the day, every Eagle was a winner—if not in speed, then in sportsmanship, or creativity, or participation, or new knowledge gained. These lessons last longer than the car.
Congratulations to our Eagles!!